Swapping winter wools for lightweight skirts isn't the only thing women need to change when it comes to summer style -- it's also important to adjust your beauty and makeup routine for the season's long days and sultry nights. Here are five summer beauty tips from Maire-Claude Brault, National Makeup Artist for Guerlain Canada.
1. Show Off A Clear Complexion: "This season, the complexion is nude, natural, transparent," explains Brault. "Blush is swept aside for foundations and other light powders that produce a barely-there makeup effect and a naturally tanned, radiant complexion." To achieve a fresh and radiant complexion, Brault recommends Terracotta 4 Seasons -- a "master of illusion" that reproduces a natural sun-kissed glow -- and Lingerie de Peau Booster de Beaute, which protects and evens out skin texture and minimizes flaws.
Expert Tip: Fair skinned women should opt for more iridescent Terracotta in beige tones, while dark skinned women should use shades of brown or copper. Apply with a light hand to avoid looking too orange!
2. Adjust the Foundation: While it is generally recommended to choose a foundation shade slight lighter than skin tone, summer is the ideal time of year to bend the rules and opt for a noticeably more intense shade. Fine-tuning foundation is important, too.
Expert Tip: The Meteorties Perles fluide Eclat les Ors base, is a summer limited edition pearls that combines yellow gold (eliminate greyness and revives radiance), white gold (illuminates complexion) and pink gold (instantly erases signs of fatigue) to reveal the natural, sun-kissed radiance of summertime skin. When combined with a very light powder, such as Terracotta Light, a luminous complexion is guaranteed.
3. Enhance the Complexion: There's nothing better to enhance a complexion than a simple sweep of Terracotta powder for a flawlessly natural look: it's like three weeks of sunshine in just three seconds!
Expert Tip: Using the special retractable bronzing powder brush, apply powder in the shape of the number "3" on each side of the face: the first semi-circle from the forehead to the cheekbones and the second from the cheekbones to the chin, following the jawline and continuing down along the neck.
4. Emphasize Your Nails: Make way for eye-popping long-lasting nail color this summer! Striking shades, such as coral and red satisfy all styles; however, pink is by far the hottest shade for summer 2013 -- from barely-there nudes to flamboyant eye-popping hues.
Expert Tip: Go for daring combinations that pack a fashion punch for lips, fingers and toes.
5. Stay Natural: The best way to look beautiful this season is to stay natural. Stick with natural-looking makeup, enhanced by a touch of color. Remember that less is more when it comes to summer beauty.
Expert Tip: This summer, makeup should focus on a single facial feature: eyes or lips. Touch up a tanned complexion with a healthy-looking glow and play with light to renew skin radiance.
Marie-Claude's Summer Must-Haves
- Terracotta 4 Seasons $82
- Lingerie de Peau Booster de Beaute $54
- Meteorites Perles fluide Eclat les Ors base $78
- Terracotta Light $57
- Gloss d'Enfer $32
- Color Lacquer $25
|< Prev||Next >|